The Donoghue Barrett & Singal, P.C. Health Law Fellowship supports the summer employment of a Suffolk University Law School student engaged in public interest health law. This fellowship is the result of a generous gift from Donoghue Barrett & Singal, P.C. and reflects the law firm’s commitment to pro bono work in the Boston community. The individual chosen will be paid a $7,000 stipend for a ten-week full time summer position in a Massachusetts governmental office or nonprofit agency engaged in health law related work.
All Suffolk Law students in good academic standing who are not in their final semester are eligible to apply.
Positions at government and nonprofit organizations in Massachusetts engaged in the practice of health law or health policy are eligible for the fellowship. Examples of eligible placements include, but are not limited, to:
The above list is not exhaustive and students may design their own fellowship at a qualifying organization.
- Boston Public Health Commission;
- Community Health Centers;
- Health Care for All;
- Health Law Advocates;
- MA Attorney General’s Office (Health Law Unit or Medicaid Fraud Control Unit);
- MA Department of Public Health;
- MA Division of Health Care Finance and Policy; and
- MA Executive Office of Health and Human Services.
Application deadline: March 1, 2013. Download the application.